UK Covid-19 Figures as of 30th March 2022
Cases, Deaths and Hospitalisations:
- 558,732 positive tests in last 7 days.• 1,070 deaths within the last 7 days.
- 365 coronavirus patients in hospital beds with a ventilator on 29 March 2022.
- 165,187 total number of deaths 28 days from first positive test for COVID-19.
UK Covid-19 Vaccination Data:
- 52,792,930 people have had a 1st dose by the end of 29 March 2022.
- 49,415,450 people had been given a 2nd dose by the end of 29 March 2022.
- 38,791,373 people had been given 1 booster dose by the end of 29 March 2022.
COVID-19 Related News:
Scotland’s mandatory face covering rules in shops and on public transport will now remain in force until 18th April, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced today.
Free Covid tests will still be available for some groups in England including NHS staff caring directly for patients, the government has confirmed as it winds down the service for the public. The new rules will allow the below groups in England to continue to receive free testing.
- Patients in hospital, where a PCR test is required for their care
- People who are eligible for community Covid drug treatments because they are at higher risk of getting seriously ill if they become infected. People in this group will be contacted directly and sent lateral flow tests to keep at home for use if they have symptoms, as well as being told how to reorder tests
- Care home residents
- People working in some high-risk settings, including care homes and prisons. These staff will be able to test regularly, without symptoms
Scotland and Northern Ireland will retain free testing until at least the end of April, with priority being given to NHS and care staff and those classed as extremely clinically vulnerable.
Wales will end free testing in July.
Black Isle Journalism is a totally independent news organisation without corporate backing or pudhy investors. We rely on the goodwill of our readers to help pay our staff and run the site. If you’d like to support us, please consider donating or sponsoring us. In the age of client journalism, Independent Journalism is even more important.